Posts Tagged ‘RV travelers’
Enjoy America! announced two new parks have joined the discount camping program.
According to a news release, Leisure Mountain in Tijeras, N.M., is just 10 minutes east of Albuquerque nestled next to the Cihola Natural Forest with great views of the Sandia Mountains. This resort offers many amenities and offers 50% off the nightly rate for up to a seven-night stay. Please visit www.leisuremountain.com for more details.
Surfwood RV Campground in Reedsport, Ore., is surrounded by fir trees in a peaceful setting which is also close to many recreational locations such as riding the dunes, hiking, fishing and boating. The campground is located within 5 miles of the Oregon beaches. Visit www.surfwoodcampgroundrvreedsport.com for more details.
Enjoy America! provides RV travelers the opportunity to save money when the stay at high quality RV parks all over North America. For more information, visit www.enjoy-america.net
Travelers entering Canada, hoping to dodge a few extra dollars in taxes, ended up paying significantly more after their schemes were uncovered by Canada Border Services Agents at border crossings in North Portal and the Estevan Highway in March of this year.
CBSA agents report a Saskatchewan resident importing a motorhome declared its value at US$21,500.
CBSA officers conducted a routine secondary examination and found an Internet listing for the motorhome and after contacting the sellers, determined the motorhome had actually been purchased for US$36,500 and therefore had been undervalued at the port by $15,000.
The motorhome was seized and returned to the purchaser after he had paid a penalty of $8,485.13 to retrieve it. If the motorhome had been correctly declared, the taxes owing would have amounted to just over $771.
Rand McNally today launched the first RV GPS app for the iPad. The RV GPS is being shown for the first time at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nev.
Rand McNally’s RV GPS for iPad is the first iOS application offered that is specifically designed for RV navigation. The new application, available on theApp Store(sm), provides RV class-specific routing (and with a quick toggle, over to car routing) based on Rand McNally’s proprietary road data and navigation, plus thousands of RV parks and campgrounds, RV-friendly locations, RVer tools and pre-planned trips. The app also includes dynamic weather*, a map overlay feature that helps drivers anticipate conditions such as high wind and precipitation along the route.
Also included is a bonus feature of the app: An e-book version of America’s #1Road Atlas.
“About 20% of RVers have an iPad, and many of them take it on the road,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally. “Our new app lets those travelers access the same premier RV routing, navigation and content available on our RVND™ GPS devices, and load it on their tablet.”
The Rand McNally RV GPS is an on-board app that provides safe and easy routing customized for an RV or car. Unlike off-board navigation, the maps load on an iPad, providing access everywhere — even in remote areas where a cellular or Wi-Fi connection is not available. For real time navigation as the vehicle progresses, a GPS signal is required**.
The RV GPS app includes:
- Safe and easy routing for 11 types of RV in the U.S. and Canada; also includes car mode for cars towed to the destination and used for excursions, or for everyday use.
- Routing based on legal and physical restrictions, such as height, width, weight limits and propane restrictions, and favors right- or left-hand turns depending on RV class. Includes Rand McNally proprietary RV-specific road attributes and Rand McNally exclusive highway construction project information.
- Warnings for speed limit changes, sharp curves, dirt roads, and other potential hazards.
- Millions of general and RV-specific points of interest including thousands of RV parks and campgrounds listed by category; RV parking, rest stops, exits and other locations; RV dealer information; and Rand McNally Editor’s Picks, including Best of the Road® adventures, trips, and getaways.
- Real-time weather information* including current and forecasted information for current location, destination, and anywhere along the route. Choose from 10 different map overlays to display important information for RVers, such as wind speed, current and forecasted precipitation, and weather-based traffic impact.
- RV Tools such as RV checklists to prepare for trip departure, campsite setup, and more; Trails to record a “bread crumb” path from the campsite, or a favorite shortcut; Quick Planner to calculate time, distance, and cost for trips between major cities; Fuel logs to track fuel purchases, including where purchased, gallons and total cost; Tools to record vehicle maintenance.
For more information about the Rand McNally RV GPS for iPad, SRP $99.99 USD, visit www.randmcnally.com/rvgpsapp.
*For real-time weather, an Internet connection is required.
**3G/4G enabled iPads have an internal GPS receiver. Users of non-GPS enabled iPads require an external GPS device.