Posts Tagged ‘Good Sam’
The Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory announced its list of Top Group Camping RV Parks for 2014. The parks on this list, compiled by the travel guide’s editors and consultants, provide facilities and space for large groups of RVers who camp together and conduct meetings, social gatherings and events.
From manufacturers’ organizations to independent RVing clubs, RV groups share a passion for hitting the road and meeting up at the end of a long journey. The RV parks on this list deliver when it comes to giving these groups all they need for a great stay.
Here are just a few reasons why RVers travel in a caravan:
• A number of RV parks dedicate staff members to serve large groups. Blueberry Hill RV Resort in Bushnell, Fla., for example, avails groups to an on-site event concierge to help coordinate renting a clubhouse or pavilion and reserving space for as many as 20 RVs.
• Facilities also are a key feature for group friendly parks, such as EZ Daze RV Park in Southaven, Miss., which offers a southern veranda for cookouts as well as a meeting room that’s adjacent to a fully equipped kitchen.
• Food is a top-of-the-mind item for RVing groups. River Plantation RV Resort in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., for example, provides catering for large RVing groups who travel with an appetite.
RVing groups have a significant presence in campgrounds throughout North America. Among the more interesting aspects of RV group camping:
• The Good Sam Club alone boasts almost 1,500 chapters across the United States and Canada.
• Many RVing groups spend countless hours in charitable work, from cleaning up public highways and parks to raising funds for organizations like Dogs for the Deaf.
The editors and consultants of the Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory chose the list of Top Group Camping RV Parks from the annual publication’s database of 8,000 private parks.
In addition to in-depth listings of RV parks and campgrounds across North America, the Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory features travel itineraries, helpful maps and informative tips that RVers need for a journey anywhere in North America.
Top Group Camping RV Parks
Casa Grande RV Resort & Cottages, Casa Grande
Blueberry Hill RV Resort, Bushnell
Pecan Park RV Resort, Jacksonville
Red Oaks RV Resort, Bushnell
Coastal Georgia RV Resort, Brunswick
McCall RV Resort, McCall
EZ Daze RV Park, Southaven
Raleigh Oaks RV Resort & Cottages, Four Oaks
Seven Feathers RV Resort, Canyonville
Barnyard RV Park, Lexington
River Plantation RV Park Inc, Pigeon Forge
Sherwood Forest Camping & RV Park, Wisconsin Dells
Camping World, the nation’s largest RV and outdoor retailer, and its affiliated Good Sam, the world’s largest RV owner’s organization, announced that after taking 2014 off, they would resume their rally in 2015.
The Camping World/Good Sam Rally will make its grand re-entrance to the industry in Phoenix March 19-22 at the Phoenix International Raceway, the companies said in a written announcement.
With the growth the Good Sam Club has experienced over the past few years, expanding to more than 1.5 million members in the U.S. and Canada, attendance at the rallies went up as well, limiting the number of locations that can host such a large RV gathering.
“Many Good Sam Club members and RV industry personnel have been inquiring about the absence of the rally in 2014,” said Marcus Lemonis, chairman and CEO of Camping World and Good Sam Enterprises. “In order to continue to provide the best experience to rallygoers, it was necessary to take time to reevaluate our options and search for the right locations to accommodate and meet the growing number of members’ needs for these events,” explained Lemonis.
The March 2015 Camping World/Good Sam Rally location was determined based on the response received from both members and exhibitors and overall success of the event at the previous rallyheld in Phoenix in 2012. The 2015 rally will have even more to offer attendees with the latest in RV models and outdoor products, new and improved RV and camping seminars and activities and world-class entertainment.
“It is our pleasure to facilitate an event that brings together thousands of RV enthusiasts from all over the country to celebratethe RV lifestyle, enjoy fun activities, great food, prizes and quality time with family and friends. We are excited to announce thereturn of America’s largest RV rally to the RV community,” said Lemonis.
Winnebago recently introduced the Forza motorhome at The Rally, the Camping World/Good Sam event held in Syracuse at the New York State Fairgrounds being held this weekend.
Thousands of RVers and enthusiasts were on-hand for the event where the Winnebago Forza made its debut. The all-new, pleasantly priced Forza is built on the Freightliner® XCS straight-rail chassis which provides a solid foundation with a Cummins 340-hp diesel engine and Allison® six-speed transmission delivering the power. Diesel pushers are known for storage and the Forza ups the ante with its Smart Storage™ design that pushes capacity even further. Inside, are fine amenities such as polished Corian® galley countertops, coffee glazed cabinetry, upscale entertainment features, and LED lighting.
Arnold and Jean Bye from Waunakee, Wisconsin loved the new Forza. “We are looking for a small diesel with a queen bed in the traditional position so we could use it without putting the slides out. We love the mid entry. We have a 40’ now and we want to downsize – this is perfect for us. We can get 8 people around the sectional table. The side swing doors allow easy access to great storage for a small unit. I also love the passenger seat with the table for all my maps and the laptop.
The all-new Class A Diesel pusher series offers two floorplans – the 34T and 38R
Forza standard features include:
- Powered driver and passenger seats in leatherette
- Radio/rearview color monitor system with 6-inch touch screen
- Powered mirrors with defrost/side-view cameras
- Powered MCD visor shade for the front windshield
- MCD blackout shades in the coach area
- Soft vinyl ceilings
- LED ceiling lights
- Vinyl tile flooring throughout
- Polished Corian galley countertops and tiled backsplash
- Home theater sound bar with DVD/CD player
- Full-coach water filtration system
- 6,000-watt Cummins® Onan® diesel generator
- 2,000-watt inverter/charger
- Roof A/C with heat pump
- Hydraulic leveling jacks
- Dual-glazed coach windows
- Heated holding tank compartment and winterization package
- Powered patio awning with LED lighting
- Exterior wash station
- Low profile allows unit to fit through 12-foot door opening while having amazing storage of up to 228 cubic feet (38R)
- Available features:
- Fireplace, +Lounger, powered StudioLoft™ (34T only), stackable washer/dryer, automatic HDTV satellite antenna system, satellite radio, and Ideal Rest® Noveau™ air sleep system
About Winnebago Industries, Inc. – is a leading U.S. manufacturer of recreation vehicles, which are used primarily in leisure travel and outdoor recreation activities. The Company and its subsidiary build quality motor homes, travel trailers, fifth wheel products, and transit buses under the Winnebago, Itasca, Winnebago Touring Coach, SunnyBrook and Metro brand names. Winnebago Industries has received the Quality Circle Award from the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association every year since the award’s inception in 1996.