The fire was reported around 4:30 a.m. July 27.
No one was in the trailer where the fire started at the AG Society Campground, but a man, woman and their pet bird in a neighboring trailer narrowly escaped before the blaze engulfed their trailer.
Officials believe the fire started from a laptop that overheated in one of the trailers.
“The Office of the Fire Commissioner believed it was sitting on a carpet. So when it’s charging and sitting on carpet, you may not notice the heat in the amount of time it would take to charge up but over a prolonged period of time that’s likely going to cause problems,” said Cpl. Scott Fefchak of Killarney RCMP.
Officials said if you’re going to be away for an extended period of time, it’s best to unplug as many devices and appliances as possible.
Damage estimates for the trailers lost in the blaze have not yet been determined. But the four travel trailers are considered a total loss.