The National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC) recognized the achievements of top private park operators, state associations and industry volunteers Thursday during its annual Outdoor Hospitality Conference and Expo in Knoxville, Tenn.
Park of the Year awards were given to RV parks and resorts based on several criteria, including customer service, employee training, operational excellence, national directory ratings and community service. Winners included:
- Small Park of the Year: Big Meadow Family Campground, Townsend, Tenn.
- Medium Park of the Year: Shelby / Mansfield KOA, Shelby, Ohio
- Large Park of the Year: Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve & Campground, Santee, Calif.
- Mega Park of the Year: Sun-N-Fun RV Resort, Sarasota, Fla.
Parks that made exemplary efforts to become environmentally friendly received ARVC’s Plan-It-Green award. The winners included:
- Big Creek RV Park in Annapolis, Mo., which received the award in the small / medium size park category.
- Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve & Campground, Santee, Calif.
Based in Denver, Colo., the National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds is the only national trade association exclusively representing the interests of privately-owned RV parks, resorts and campgrounds. Membership is comprised of RV park and campground owners and operators, industry suppliers, franchisers and others committed to promoting the growth and welfare of the RV park and campground sector of the outdoor hospitality industry through development and implementation of legislative, regulatory, educational and promotional programs and activities. ARVC is a not-for-profit 501(c)6 organization. Visit www.arvc.org for more information.