Archive for 2012
|Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:FUSES AND CIRCUIT BREAKERS|
|Potential Number of Units Affected: 2,944|
Winnebago is recalling certain model year 2009-2013 Winnebago model Era, View, and Via motorhomes, and 2010-2013 Itasca model Navion and Reyo motorhomes; manufactured November 13, 2007 through August 10, 2012. The proper fuses were not installed for the refrigerator circuits.
Without the proper fuse, heat can build which could lead to a vehicle fire.
Winnebago will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuses. The recall is expected to begin in early January 2013. Consumers may contact Winnebago Industries owner relations at 1-641-585-6939.
Winnebago’s recall campaign number is 127. Customers may contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.
Piggly Wiggly and the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism formed a partnership to give customers another reason to shop at Piggly Wiggly while also getting more people to consider buying an annual park passport.
“Piggly Wiggly has been ‘Local Since Forever,’ and the beautiful natural resources showcased and preserved in South Carolina’s State Parks have truly been around forever,” said David Schools, president and CEO of Piggly Wiggly Carolina Co. “The Pig family saw this partnership as a great opportunity to give our customers a significant admission discount to South Carolina State Parks.”
The discount, available in Piggly Wiggly stores in the Lowcountry and Midlands through Dec. 31, is 20%. That means the top level passport will drop from $99 to less than $80. That Park Passport Plus is good for all 47 state parks, and it covers admission for everyone in your family or in your vehicle. It also includes a copy of “Beautiful Places,” a coffee table book on the parks, and other perks.
Customers will get a voucher at the store that can be redeemed for a passport at any state park at any time in 2013. People who already have park passports can hold onto the vouchers and redeem them when their current passports expire.
Two other levels of passport are available at the discounted rate: The Statewide Passport, which covers all 47 parks, will be $60, and the Inland Park Passport, which includes only the 42 inland parks, is $40. Those are normally $75 and $50.
The top parks were announced Friday during the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds’ annual Outdoor Hospitality Conference & Expo, which took place at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
More than 30,000 camping and RV enthusiasts participated in the online survey, which evaluated guest experiences at 3,200 campgrounds, RV parks and resorts that are affiliated with the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC).
“Consistently earning an overall ‘A’ grade from guests is difficult, and our 42 winners this year represent less than 2% of all of the nation’s campgrounds. But what is even more impressive is that 9 of this year’s winners have also received this award for five years in a row,” said Bob MacKinnon, president and CEO of GuestRated.com, the Murrieta, Calif.-based company that conducted the online survey on behalf of ARVC.
“Consumers should take the time to check out the ratings that are posted for each campground on GoCampingAmerica.com because it is the quickest way to tell which parks are best meeting – and exceeding – guest expectations,” said Paul Bambei, ARVC’s president and CEO.
The 42 parks earning “A” grades this year are listed below. They include:
- Acres of Wildlife Campground in Steep Falls, Maine, a four-time “A” grade winner, www.acresofwildlife.com
- Anaheim Resort RV Park, Anaheim, Calif., a two-time “A” grade winner, www.anaheimresortrvpark.com
- Ashland Resort, Northfork, W.V., a three-time “A” grade winner, www.atvresort.com
- Beaver Dam Campground, Berwick, Me., a first-time “A” grade winner, www.beaverdamcampground.com
- Buffalo Lake Camping Resort, Montello, Wis., a three-time “A” grade winner, www.buffalolakecamping.com
- Buttonwood Campground, Mexico, Penn., a five-time “A” grade winner, www.buttonwoodcamp.com
- Camp A Way, Lincoln, Neb., a two-time “A” grade winner, www.campaway.com
- Chalk Creek Campground & RV Park, Nathrop, Colo. a four-time “A” grade winner, www.chalkcreek-campground.com
- Cherry Hill Park, College Park, Md., a four-time “A” grade winner, www.cherryhillpark.com
- Cross Creek Camping Resort, Delaware, Ohio, a two-time “A” grade winner, www.alumcreek.com
- Custer State Park, Custer, S.D., a first-time “A” grade winner, http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks/directory/custer/
- D & W Lake Camping and RV Park, Champaign, Ill., a three-time “A” grade winner, www.dwlake.com
- Dogwood Acres Campground, Newville, Penn., a five-time “A” grade winner, www.dogwoodcamping.com
- Far Horizons 49er Village RV Resort, Plymouth, Calif., a first-time “A” grade winner, www.49ervillage.com
- Gettysburg Campground, Gettysburg, Penn., a four-time “A” grade winner, www.gettysburgcampground.com
- Kalyumet Camping & Cabins, Lucinda, Penn., a two-time “A” grade winner, www.kalyumet.com
- Lake George RV Park, Lake George, N.Y., a five-time “A” grade winner, www.lakegeorgervpark.com
- Las Vegas RV Resort, Las Vegas, Nev., a three-time “A” grade winner, www.lasvegasrvresort.com
- Lewis and Clark Recreation Area, Yankton, S.D., a first-time “A” grade winner, http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks/directory/lewis-and-clark/
- Magnolia RV Park & Campground, Kinards, S.C., a three-time “A” grade winner, www.magnoliarvparksc.com
- Meadowcliff Lodge & RV Resort, Coleville, Calif., a four-time “A” grade winner, www.meadowcliff.com
- Misty River Cabins & RV Resort, Walland, Tenn., a five-time “A” grade winner, www.mistyriverrv.com
- Moose River Campground, Saint Johnsbury, Vt., a two-time “A” grade winner, www.mooserivercampground.com
- Mountain Vista Campground, East Stroudsburg, Penn., a four-time “A” grade winner, www.mtnvistacampground.com
- Myrtle Beach Travel Park, Myrtle Beach, S.C., a two-time “A” grade winner, www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com
- Ocean Lakes Family Campground, Myrtle Beach, S.C., a five-time “A” grade winner, www.oceanlakes.com
- Pioneer Campground, Laporte, Penn., a five-time “A” grade winner, www.pioneercampground.com
- Pismo Coast Village RV Resort, Pismo Beach, Calif., a three-time “A” grade winner, www.pismocoastvillage.com
- Pontchartrain Landing, New Orleans, La., a four-time “A” grade winner, www.pontchartrainlanding.com
- Red Apple Campground, Kennebunkport, Me., a four-time “A” grade winner, www.redapplecampground.com
- Rivers Edge Campground, Connellsville, Penn., a first-time “A” grade winner, www.campriversedge.com
- Shadow Hills RV Resort, Indio, Calif., a first-time “A” grade winner, www.shadowhillsrvresort.com
- Snowy Peaks RV Park, Buena Vista, Colo., a two-time “A” grade winner, www.southhavenfamilycg.com
- South Haven Family Campground, South Haven, Mich., a five-time “A” grade winner, www.southhavenfamilycg.com
- Sunny Brook RV Resort, South Haven, Mich., a five-time “A” grade winner, www.sunnybrookrvresort.com
- The Springs at Borrego RV Resort and Golf Course, Borrego Springs, Calif., a three-time “A” grade winner, www.springsatborrego.com
- The Vineyards Campground & Cabins, Grapevine, Texas, a five-time “A” grade winner, www.vineyardscampground.com
- West Canada Creek Campsites, Poland, N.Y., a four-time “A” grade winner, www.westcanadacreekcampsites.com
- Willow Tree Resort, Longs, S.C., a four-time “A” grade winner, www.willowtreerv.com
- Wine Country RV Resort, Paso Robles, Calif., a first-time “A” grade winner, www.winecountryrvresort.com
- Wishon Village RV Park, Shaver Lake, Calif., a two-time “A” grade winner, www.wishonvillage.com
- Yellowstone Holiday Campground, West Yellowstone, Mont., a two-time “A” grade winner, www.yellowstoneholiday.com
The GuestRated.com national online survey program was launched in
February 2008 in collaboration with ARVC.
Consumers are invited to submit their own reviews of campgrounds and RV resorts they have recently visited by finding the park’s page on www.GoCampingAmerica.com and clicking on the “Reviews” tab. Previous guests’ comments and ratings are posted on this park’s page along with a review submission form.
For more information about the online survey program, please contact Bob MacKinnon of GuestRated.com at (877) 707-7080 as well as Jake Poterbin of ARVC at (303) 681-0401. Also be sure to visit www.GuestRated.com and www.GoCampingAmerica.com.